Our executive team is currently working to update our repertoire of events, so if you have any suggestions for us, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Currently, we are running the following events every year.
- COG250 Test and Essay Workshops. These are each about 1-2 hour long workshops that are designed to help you understand concepts without overloading you with material. CASA executives who have finished COG250 are familiar with the tests, and we can provide you with exam tips and explanations you may not have gotten from class or tutorials. Even if you can’t make it to our workshops, please reach out to us during office hours or on Discord! We’re always there for you.
- RE:Cognition Discussion Series. These are a series of short talks from one or several speakers on a specialized topic, which is followed by a moderated discussion with attendees. Its purpose is to engage students in cognitive science and our many different branches at an early stage, and to provide you with insight regarding the many different fields which employ cognitive science in their work.
- Confluence. This is an undergraduate cognitive science research conference where students in both cognitive science and other disciplines are invited to submit their work and present it to their like-minded peers.
- UTism. This is an interdisciplinary symposium hosted at the University of Toronto by CASA, where distinguished researchers are invited to speak over the course of two days on an overarching topic with regards to cognitive science. We aim to provide a multifaceted understanding of contemporary issues in the cognitive science academic community and connect students with professors that align with their interests.
- Modus Pwnage. During Modus Pwnage, we’ll be hosting board games (such as Cards Against Humanity) as well as providing free food and drinks for all attendees! These are usually hosted in our office at UC F301. During COVID times, we’ve moved this online.
- Pub Night. Socializing might be the last thing you’re interested in doing during a long bout of exams, but this is a great way to connect and have fun with other CASA members and CASA execs!